- This event has passed.
Sourdough Bread Making Workshop
May 15 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
For those wanting to improve their health and understand the benefits of making and eating traditionally crafted sourdough bread, this is the workshop for you.
Throughout the workshop, you will be making your very own delicious sourdough loaf to take home and bake the following day. I will talk in detail and demonstrate all of the different stages of the sourdough bread making process and work with you individually to heIp you understand what you are doing and why. Bread making for beginners can be tricky and very sticky, but I will help you with that!
I will show you how to bake in a Dutch oven and also a loaf tin plus you get to taste everything as we go.
What you will learn
- The theory behind making great sourdough bread.
- The health benefits of eating sourdough bread.
- How to make my everyday sourdough loaf.
- How to adapt my recipe to make fruit sourdough and olive rosemary sourdough.
- How to prepare your oven at home to bake this amazing bread (critical skill)
Essentials in making and caring for your own “Sourdough Starter”
What you will get
- Comprehensive notes & recipes
- Ingredients to make your sourdough loaf
- Your own live “Sourdough Culture”
- Your own sourdough loaf to take home and bake
Plenty of bread tastings and delicious light lunch provided
What to bring
- A 3 litre bowl to mix your dough in
- An apron and 2 teatowels
- An esky or cooler bag to transport your dough home in
Note pad and pen or Ipad welcome